Wednesday, July 4, 2007

think green!

Hey there, I'm just here to post up a quick link to something I hope to make sometime soonish... basically it's a tutorial for reusable shopping bags. This is a great idea that has been around for a long time, that people just never seen to get around to doing. Anyways, maybe I'll make a set for the apartment next year! :)

Also, from treehugger.com, I found this greendimes company thing. For $3/month, they call to take your name off mailing lists for you and plant a tree in your name. Once a month, I think. Pretty cool, huh?

This all came from a slogan brainstorming post on treehugger. There's some good ones in there! Some of my favourites:
  • Will work for trees
  • Plants and Animals died to make room for your fat ass!
  • PDE: Public Displays of Environmentalism
  • hear the eco
  • Every time history repeats itself, the price goes up.
  • [pic of Earth] Love it or Leave it!
  • [pic of Volcano] We don't just save Earth, we make some new every day!
  • It's easy being green. [pic of frog]
  • I brake for litter.
  • Get off your ass and save some gas!
  • Make trees not stumps.
  • We have an environment?
  • Save a tree, hug me instead!
I emailed the guys at treehugger to see if these were publicly available and stuff. I'd love to put some of these slogans on a tote bag or t-shirt at cafepress (more for making this stuff available to the masses than for the tiny monetary reward, but I can't deny that it would be a perk. :P) or something! :)

No comments: